Yesterday I was granted a comment by one of the developers of SWFAddress, pointing the fact that I was not using the latest version of SWFAddress and that was indeed true. So I started the day, thinking that my problem would be solved. So I got the latest version and tried it. Well it did not work either. But don’t let go so easily so I put some time into it.
I don’t know if it is my setup, I always have an external preloader; the SWF that includes SWFAddress ActionScript, is loaded in the preloader. Maybe this is what disrupts it from working, I don’t know. My point for all this is, yes I was wrong, SWFAddress will work with SWFObject; eventually.