Posts Tagged SWFAddress
Yesterday I was granted a comment by one of the developers of SWFAddress, pointing the fact that I was not using the latest version of SWFAddress and that was indeed true. So I started the day, thinking that my problem would be solved. So I got the latest version and tried it. Well it did not work either. But don’t let go so easily so I put some time into it.
I don’t know if it is my setup, I always have an external preloader; the SWF that includes SWFAddress ActionScript, is loaded in the preloader. Maybe this is what disrupts it from working, I don’t know. My point for all this is, yes I was wrong, SWFAddress will work with SWFObject; eventually.
I have tried the beta of the new SWFObject (SWFFix renamed) and it works quite well. I don’t have the mouse wheel problems I had previously. On the website that I am currently working on, I wanted to use SWFObject, but also to use SWFAdress. But since SWFObject changed considerably from version 1.5, SWFAddress won’t work with it, we will have to wait for another version or tweak it to make it work. It was nice that SWFAddress worked with SWFObject, it reduced the overhead, but the drawback is that if SWFObject changes, SWFAddress has to change too.